Hung Truong: The Blog!

To Mac, or Not To Mac... Part 2

November 18, 2006 | 1 Minute Read


So I wrote a post a while back describing in detail how I wanted to get a Macbook right about when Summer was starting. In the end, I figured I didn’t need one since there seemed to be a lot of production madness going on and I had a perfectly good laptop already. Plus the Macbook processors were just the normal Intel Core Duos and not the Core 2 Duos!

Just recently, the Macbooks got an upgrade to the Core 2 Duo. So now I’m once again wondering if I should get one. I’ve been getting my grad school applications ready, so it looks like I’ll be going to school again next Fall. If I make it in. Maybe I should just wait until then, because Apple might release something cool like an ultra portable tablet or something!

Or maybe I should just say screw it and get a Macbook already. is having some rebates, so I could get one for $1100 – $75 = $1025.

I’ll definitely end up getting a new laptop if I end up going to grad school, but it might be better for me to just wait and see if anything awesome comes out between now and next Fall… Oh, BTW, check out The Grad School Chronicles if you want to know more about my grad school adventures.