Hung Truong: The Blog!

Grow Your Own 1up Mushroom!

March 30, 2006 | 0 Minute Read

1up.jpg is selling what appears to be a real life 1up mushroom! They provide a pipe, a spore, and some mushroom “food solution.”

All you do is add potting soil to the green sewer-pipe-shaped flower pot, and push the spores deep into it. Soak the soil with water using the dropper, add a squirt of the food solution, and then it’s off to a dark location for a few weeks.

A still unanswered question remains: What happens if you eat it? I’m thinking either you’ll die instantly, or grow to enormous proportions (in your mind) and then die. I smell an impending lawsuit will happen when a kid decides to eat the mushroom (thinking he’s now got an extra life) and jumps off a cliff.

Even without eternal life-giving properties, I want this. Bad. I’ve already ordered 2 for myself.