Yesterday I worked on the mashup thing, but then I got sleepy and didn’t write a post about it. So here’s a post!
Basically I worked on adding the individual listings onto the Google Map with stuff like the description, address, and price. At first I thought about importing the points from some kind of xml document, but I figured the approach with just embedding it was easier.
Then I figured out how to start scraping some of the listing info from the Michigan off campus housing site. This site seems to have better listings in terms of quality and price. I think today I’ll work on getting all of that info into the database so I can map it as well.